The moment you get behind the wheel you know you’re on holiday
7 Speed DSG Automatic California Oceans Available Now
Call us now for details
The VW California campervan inherits every ounce of cool from its classic, bay windowed Grandpa and takes camping to new heights of luxury.
Cool Camping Review
The quintessential camper van experience
“Epic four day trip. EVERYTHING provided – so much so that we needed to just turn up and go – bedding, open fire (!), all the basic condiments and crockery sets (good stuff too – no attempt to scrimp here). Comprehensive handover ensured that even the least experienced could be confident in having a great time. California van was faultless and very luxurious – would go again, Stuart a top guy – patient and responsive over the phone and text. Great family owned business – if you go with these guys you can’t go wrong.”
Our campervans have the attention to detail that could only be achieved from a product, designed and manufactured completely by VW. They include everything you would expect and more from a modern camper, 42 litre fridge, stainless steel sink, fresh running water, twin burner hob and masses of cleverly designed storage.
They sleep four comfortably. The heated front captain seats swivel round. The reclining rear bench seat slides on a rail system, allowing simple transformation from practical driving position, to create a homely living space, through to cosy bedroom.
At the push of a button on the central control system, the pop-up roof glides into position unveiling a spacious bedroom with a view. Even on the coldest of nights you’ll be kept snug & warm with the programmable heater.
“The van was easy to drive and very responsive, it never felt under powered, even when fully loaded and tackling steep narrow lanes in South Devon. On arriving at campsites it was only a few minutes work to set up the awning, raise the roof, get the chairs and table out and put the kettle on.”
Daryl Wilson, Somerset. July 2016
Our California campervans are no cheap conversions. VW have carefully considered your every need. There are cleverly concealed insulated window blinds, cool integrated lighting and a top quality blue tooth sound system. For a taste of alfresco dining you can roll out the awning and marvel at how a table and two chairs have been stowed within the doors.
You will love driving the Californa, it handles like a car. With it’s elevated driving position, parking sensors and cruse control you will feel like the king of the road.
Click below to see what’s included.
Essential Camper kit - What’s included in the hire price
- Unlimited mileage
- Full breakdown cover
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Sat Nav
- Roll out awning
- Removable table
- Folding chairs x 2
- Long electric hook up cable in bag
- Gas Bottle
- 2 leveling ramps in bag
- Dry powder fire extinguisher / fire blanket / digital C02 alarm
- Measuring jug
- Whisk / cooking utensils / corkscrew with bottle opener /scissors
- Stainless steel cookware medium/large sauce pans Non-stick frying pan
- Oven gloves
- Stainless steel stove top coffee pot,stainless steel kettle
- Cutlery for 4(knives, forks, spoons, tea spoons)
- Chopping board Cooks / bread knives with blade protectors
- Collapsible colander, cheese grater
- 4 crystaline goblets, 4 crystaline wine glasses, 4 ceramic mugs
- Melamine crockery for 4, Large plates, Small plates, Bowls
- Dust pan and brush
- Collapsible washing up bowl, Washing sponge, Ecover washing up liquid, Tea towels x 2
- assortment of nature spotting books, good pub guide & rainy day games.
- Store cupboard essentials –
- Tea bags
- fresh coffee
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil